Most Popular Surgeries for Men Part 4: Blepharoplasty
Blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery, improves the appearance of the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both. This procedure gives a rejuvenated appearance to the surrounding area of your eyes making you look more rested and alert. People of all ages can have problems with an aging eye area. The upper eyes may appear heavy and the lower eyes develop bags and dark circles leaving a hollow/sunken appearance. Eyelid surgery can be useful to correct these issues. Incisions are typically made in the creases of your upper eyelids and just below the lashes of your lower eyelids making scars virtually invisible. After the underlying fat and excess skin are removed from the upper lids, the incisions are closed with fine sutures designed to leave nearly invisible scars.
- Excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the upper eyelids.
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision.
- Remove excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid.
- Improving the look of bags under the eyes.
- Correct droopiness of the lower eyelids showing white below the iris (colored portion of the eye).
Our surgeons also combine a tightening of the lower eyelid muscle to give additional improvement to the sunken appearance of the lower eyes. Eyelid surgery usually takes between 1-2 hours and is done on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia. Stitches are removed in about one week and you can return to work in 7-10 days.
If you would like to know more or have questions about the blepharoplasty procedure please call us today at (972) 543-2477 to schedule your complimentary consultation with one of our Board-Certified plastic surgeons.